Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wherever God guides, He provides

Bethany recently left her job in Dallas in February feeling very much called to be in Kaufman, to do ministry here and to love on our community. She felt like her effectiveness in reaching students & the lost in Kaufman was being hindered by her job in Dallas & the toll the commute took on her each day was wearing her down physically and spiritually. So we planned and budgeted and determined if this is where God wants her, then He will provide. In quitting her job, we had figured she would start substitute teaching and then work towards securing a job teaching full time in the fall. The same week Bethany put in her notice at Northwestern Mutual, my assistant Kim put in her notice at our church- this opening in the same week provided a part time position for Bethany to jump into while she substitutes in the schools the other days of the week- This allows her to be in Kaufman, to be in the schools, and to do ministry (exactly what she felt God was calling her to do). God called, and God provided.

Due to the Education budget crisis in Texas, Kaufman's first and second year teachers recently received notice that they may not have their contracts renewed for next year. This means Bethany's chances of getting a job in the school district for next year are even more slim than we thought when she left her job in Dallas. Bethany has been in full confidence that God has called her to be in Kaufman and God will provide. I trust God and I trust my wife, but I've kept saying "I just want to be wise with what God has given us," and, I have worried about the Fall semester coming and going without a full-time job for Bethany.

Over the last several days God has been hitting me over the head with two subjects: God's grace is sufficient and God provides. In my personal time of studying the Bible I am reading Galatians- all about Grace, and 2 Kings- God continuing to provide for His people (see 2 Kings 4,6 & 7). There is no doubt in my mind that God has me in these places in scripture to teach me these lessons specifically for this time in history.

This is not to say that I think Bethany will for sure have a teaching job in the fall, because I don't know that that will happen, but rather I am confident that God's grace is sufficient and God will provide even if she doesn't. God has called us to be in Kaufman, and God's grace & provision is enough.

So I trust God, I trust my wife, God's grace is sufficient & He provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment