Friday, March 25, 2011

Religion Saves & 3 Other Misconceptions of the Church

So most of you know, I'm a young pastor. I've been in ministry for almost 2 years now at First Baptist Church in Kaufman, TX. And I am loving what I am doing. Telling teenagers about the love of Christ- what a great job! There has been a lot of ministry firsts for me in Kaufman- First time leading a mission trip, First time coordinating adult volunteers, Its in this church that I preached my first Sunday night sermon, and since I guess I didn't screw it up too bad, they let me preach on a Sunday morning eventually- my first Sunday morning sermon- ever. This past Sunday was another first- the first Sermon Series. Last Sunday morning I preached a sermon entitled "Religion Saves and 3 Other Misconceptions of the Church" (Audio of the Sermon can be found here) as the start to a Sunday night sermon series covering the book of Galatians.

I have really enjoyed studying the scriptures in depth and having the opportunity to teach through them with a church that is so kind and gracious to put up with this 25 year old learning what he's doing. Looking forward to the weeks to come. You can join in praying for me as I preach this series over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment